Wow! I can't believe I am finally doing something about a blog! Some of you have seen my name up on my kids blogs and visited me only to find...NOTHING. Well, that's because Calista helped me set up my blog spot one night after I had taken my night meds (which include something to help me sleep since I am a long time insomniac) A couple of days later when I decided to do something with it, I didn't remember my password or clue or anything. (Can we say Techno-retard?) OK... I am smarter now! I had Calista set up the whole thing and just tell me what the password is. I told my computer to remember it this time, but in case it doesn't, I can call Calista! Pretty cool huh?
On to us...
Bill is happy with his job at the South Depot. He works as an instructor teaching people the safe disposal of chemical warfare. He works 4 days a week and is gone 11 to 12 hours a day. Meanwhile, with an empty nest, I am working full time for the church in the Beehive clothing plant, making garments. I do 3 different operations on the nursing garments. One day I was having a very hard time and started crying at work. My supervisor asked what was wrong and I told her, "I guess I have been working in nursing too long and now I have turned into a big boob". She looked at me like I was crazy. Oh well...such is life. I work 5 days a week from 6:30AM - 3PM. I am very grateful to be on the Vanpool and be able to nap on the way to and from work. I do not like driving in Salt Lake and I am just beginning to discover that the freeways can be beneficial. We have a cat who adopted us before we left Kuna. Her name is Annie and she thinks she is really something. She has forgotten her humble beginnings and chases off every stray cat that chances into our yard.
Bill is the scoutmaster for the 12 and 13 year old boys and I am in cub scouting as the Webelos leader. You might have guessed it would be scouting. We love our ward and love the Tooele area. We just wish we could transplant all our loved ones nearby.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and sound like it too...so I have begun to haul out the Christmas decor and replace some of our regular stuff with angels and nativities. I have been able to get rid of a number of things since we downsized when we moved here, but I still have too much to put out. We will probably wait another week before getting a tree, but I'm feeling pretty festive right now. We are toying with having Christmas here and then going back to Kuna for a visit since we both have time off that week...
Well, I thought I pulled Cajon bean soup out of the freezer to thaw this morning for dinner (an unmarked jar) and was going to make some cornbread to go with it...however I just discovered, now that it is in the crock pot, that it isn't bean soup at all. Just some enchilada sauce. I may try Aunt Annette's new enchilada recipe.
Hope you all have a great day and that I cna think of some worthwhile posts....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Yeah! Glad to see you're up and running! Sorry to hear about the unexpected change in dinner plans, and hope that the enchiladas come out okay. I still haven't done anything about dinner and it's time to go get Kellen from his piano lesson. I will look forward to checking back on what you put up here :)
Yeah, Mom!! Calista told me about the blog and I laughed and was very excited. Aaron thinks I'm nuts because I wanted to laugh at everything!
It's good to see you have a blog now. I think the hardest part is just starting. :) But I love to hear about all of the everyday things that are going on with everybody so keep it up!
Post a Comment