Wow, 2 updates in a week! That must mean I am still home from work... Went to the Dr yesterday and he said though my ears are irritated and my throat looks nasty I did not have any infections. Yeah! Don't have strep. Yeah! Just a nasty virus...bummer because you really can't do anything about a virus. Plenty of rest, fluids etc. He told me to pick up some Musinex D from the pharmacy...$24.59!
When I got home my Visiting Teacher called and told me if I thought I was getting an ear infection I should cut an oinion in 1/2, warm it a little in the microwave and hold them or tie them in place over my ears for at least 15 minutes ...Since I was willing to pull out all the stops and not be sick anymore, I did the onion thing. It was actually soothing, although Bill said I smelled awful. (By that time I couldn't smell a thing)
I also followed the advise of a friend in Idaho. ... To stop night time coughing put Vicks Vapo rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of thetime and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting.
Well, although I have done everything recommended and do feel a little better this morning, I called in and they told me to stay home and get well, not just today, but tomorrow too. Thenn we have a 3 day weekend and I don't go back to work till Tuesday. I am relieved, and hope the rest does a body good...my body that is:)





6 comments:
Blech...onions? I'm sorry you're feeling so yucky. Take in lots of that chicken noodle soup you told me about! Love you!
You poor thing. You know it must be bad when you're willing to be onion ears! And with the Vick's rub, that is SOOO true! I've done it with Alyssa many times and it is a miracle worker! Love it! Hope you are feeling better soon.
I about died at the thought of you with onions over your ears! You must really not be feeling well! I like the idea about the vicks vapor rub on the feet. I will have to try that next time! I hope that you enjoy your long weekend and that you start feeling better really soon!
Now there's a couple home remedies I'd never heard of! Both of them leave you smelling interesting, but if they work that's great! I hope you feel better soon.
I love vapor rub! There's something about the smell... Hope you feel better soon!
I'm so sorry you've been havinge the sickies for so long. Glad to hear you are feeling better finally! Thanks so much for coming down last weekend. It meant a lot to us.
Post a Comment