Sunday, June 22, 2008

No pics, just an update

Uhmm...I should write more often, then I wouldn't have to think so hard.

Recent highlights...

Dinner with Kathy and Dave at the Chilies in Orem (celebrate my B'day early cause Kathy and Dave going to Wash DC). and going to "The King And I" at the Scera (pronounced Sara) Shell Outdoor theater. It was great! I love the setting, it is in Orem Utah in a park. You climb up the outide with your lawn chairs or blanket and come over the rise to a nice ampheteater. It is all in grass and very family friendly. Parents spread out their blankets and put babies down for sleep, people had their picnic dinners and such. There were kids playing on the hillside, but because of the big open spaces it was really not distracting. Anyway, we really enjoyed that. Sorry we didn't get pictures of the theater, it's hard to imagine if you can't see it.

This week Bill had a Court of Honor with/for the scouts and I had a returned Sister Missionary from Brazil come finish up the communications badge with my Webelos. Had a little excitement Thursday with Bill and the ER but glad to report all is well, Put eating better and excersise at the top of our list. Thursday evening ...dinner at Wingers to celebrate my B'day (again?) Friday, our 34th anniversary, grabbed a bite at Sonic on our way to the Tooele nursery to spruce up our yard. It cost us less than a night at the Anniversary Inn and was a lot more work! We came home and planted 2 lilac bushes and a tree in our back yard. Saturday the work continued and Bill got my garden arch put back together (it was demolished in a wind storm). Then I planted a Clematis on either side of the arch...in years to come it may be beautiful... today they look a little scrony (sp?) I also got my tomatoes and green peppers that have been in pots, actually planted in my garden box...Yeah! When it got too hot to work outside, we cleaned up and went to a new restaurant in Stockton (the next town on the way to no where) for lunch and then took a drive to Ophir...a little mining town up in the Oquirrh mountains. It was quaint and still very small, and they want it to stay that way. We came home and napped through the rest of the heat and then finished some work outside.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's a lot to remember! Yeah, you should post more often - then we could hear about all the fun stuff as it's happening, and you don't have to try to remember so far back.

Hope you enjoy your tomatoes and peppers, and anything else you've got going in your garden. So far our tomato plants are looking a bit sad, but we do have one tiny green tomato on one plant. The squash plant promises to be much more fruitful.

Rachel Holloway said...

How DO you keep track?!?! :) If I don't record it that day, it's long gone in my memory bank! :)

Sounds like a busy, busy time lately. And 34 YEARS? You are inspirational!

Kathy Whittle said...

Thanks for having dinner with us, we love getting together with you guys. And I can't wait to see your yard - sounds like you've done a lot! Congratulations on 34 years - wow!