Saturday, June 7, 2008
What a WEEK!
I have been so busy this week. Sunday, choir before church, home teaching with Bill after church, then try to get my stuff ready for the work week. Every day after work was yard work. Tuesday Bill and I had separate service projects after work. I did a window treatment complete with greenery and frosted window panes for privacy for a sister in our ward. Bill and another brother put a swamp cooler in a single sister's house. (for those of you who don't know Bill very well, he is particularly mindful of the heat and will help anybody with whatever cooling option he can) We both got home about 9 PM and I fixed a quick bite of dinner. I had to do Taco meat for a potluck on Wednesday...luckily hamburger had been on sale a while back and I had browned all mine and sauted with onions and peppers and put in zippies in the freezer. All I had to do was thaw some out, fill the crock pot and add taco flavoring:) I am also known at work for my cakes, and the sister retiring had asked me for a lemon cake...so I put a rush job on that one! Followed that by shower and SLEEP! Wednesday Bill had scouts, I had pushed my scouts to Friday with a tour of the Tooele Transcript Bulletin (which I would later regret) I did yard work till Bill got home from scouts so we had cold cereal for dinner (there's a great one!). I recieved a call to make dinner for a sister in our ward for Thursday night, so before I went to bed I did a jello, made some cookies and cut up all the veggies for a crock pot soup to be assembled in the morning and washed the crock pot for a repeat use... SLEEP... Thursday decided to drive to Salt Lake (as opposed to taking the vanpool) this would allow me to run some errands after work and go see Aunt Alice at the hospital. Threw together the crock pot soup complete with precooked hamburger (again) grabbed a package of refrigerator biscuits out of the fridge to go with the soup...loaded the van including the jello and cookies, bosch to drop off for servicing, and address of where to pick up the graco pack and play I found on Craigslist, made several trips to the garage with the umbrella through the pouring rain...Note, VERY grateful for garage... Picked up sister Talavera for work, made two more trips with umbrella in the rain to drop off the dinner to Sister Thornton (Woke her at 5:30 AM for this) so she could deliver it in the evening and hurried on to work. So relieved to be at work where I could finally sit for 8 hours of sewing:) Right after morning break I recieved the phone call from Mom about Aunt Alice's passing. I was very saddened and at the same time very relieved for her and for her family as I was aware of the tremendous effort it has been the past few months trying to get to the bottom of her health problems. As my cousin Ruth stated in one of her updates it was a very complex case. I arranged to meet mom and Jim on their way back to Idaho to visit for a bit. That we did right after I got off work. Then I dropped off the bosch, went to a garden store and bought some dahlias, drooled over a gazebo that was on sale for $500 dollars (decided not to get that) went on to pick up the Graco. By this time the lady had gotten out a bunch of baby clothes she was also getting rid of. It took forever for me to pare down what I wanted and load the car again...at least now it wasn't raining. Stopped at Cafe Rio and picked up dinner. I remembered on the way home that I had to drive the Vanpool on Friday because the driver had gone to a wedding. So I picked Bill up and went to get the van a couple of miles away. By the time we got home we were eating after 9 again. I didn't get to bed till about 11 PM and then woke up at 3:30 AM, unable to sleep. Hence the cleaning of the kitchen Friday morning. As I picked people up and drove the Vanpool to Erda (I am not able to drive into Salt Lake because I haven't taken the safety course yet, so I drive to Erda to pick up the rest of the people we take, and there is a qualified driver there. Yeah...that means I get to SLEEP the rest of the way to Salt Lake). After sewing a few hours I remember I cannot go home and sleep after work. I have scouts! I am very happy that it is a tour and I do not personally have to deal with the little guys...After they are all delivered safely back home, I get home to find Bill asleep. He had been teaching knots and lashings all day at the 11 year old day camp...Ha, what have we got ourselves into!? I woke him so we could return the church van for the vanpool and when we got home we had leftovers for dinner and fell asleep to Dateline...after all it was Friday night...that was as close to a date as it was going to get. We did have cookies and ice cream as we sat there like zombies. This morning we slept in till 7:15! The I fixed Bill's breakfast and got him off to round 2 of daycamp while I sat down to blog. What is amazing is that after a week like this I can remember my own name, let alone what actually happened during the week:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





7 comments:
WOW! Shocked that you can actually remember all that. I would have just summed it up as the week I wished not to remember and moved on! :)
You are amazing that you can keep going like that! Hope I have that kind of strength and amibition, and desire to serve as I get older!
That was an insane week! I hope your weekend gives you a chance to breathe, at least :) I'm glad you were able to find a pack-n-play, which I'm assuming is for when Melinda and Lanita are coming through next month. That will make some things easier then :)
I was just thinking as I was reading this that you are such a great person, and I am glad that you are my aunt. You do so much for other people, and still keep your sanity despite the sometimes lack of sleep. And you have such a great attitude about everything. You're awesome!
Watch out, Mom. You're about due to get sick again if you run yourself too much further. J/K
That sounds like a full, fast, sleep-deprived and exciting week! I'm glad you got to sleep in. (Hey, send some of that my way. Lizzie's intent on killing my nights!)
You really are amazing, to have such a week and still sound upbeat about it. Could that be because of the sleep-in? I'm especially glad to know that, in all that busy-ness, you took the time to help another sister, even if it was at an odd time. I hope you find a time and a way to get that gazebo for yourself. I laughed at the image you made with 'drooling' over it!
Whew! Busy, busy, busy! I always have remembered you as being busy. No matter what, you were always trying to get something done. Whether it was the dreaded weeding, the dishes, or helping one of us with a project we should have finished a week ago, you were willing to help, and pushed us to finish the stuff we didn't want to do, so we could be busy doing all the fun things. I love you, Mom!
Wow! Someone should hand you a medal! I hope you have some serious down-time now for a few days.
Woah. You are so dang busy. I kept thinking that life must slow down for people when their kids leave home, but I guess not! You're an inspiration! :)
Post a Comment