Monday, May 4, 2009

Family Quilt for G'ma and G'pa



Some of you may remember the family reunion in 2006 at Ken and Jenette's home. Those of you who were there made a block for your family. Those of you who weren't there had one made for you either by a family member or a designated artist. Since G'ma sent out thank you cards, I thought I had better post pictures of the quilt so you know what she's thatnking you for:)
This was a wonderful idea and I felt honored (except for when I felt frustrated cause it wasn't going how I wanted it to) to piece it together. Kathy and Caitlin helped quilt this at a friend's home in Kuna. (On a long arm quilting machine) Then Annette and Kathy and I sat up and hand bound it. Anyway, for those of you who haven't had a chance to see it, here it is the day that we presented it to G'ma and G'pa...just before Easter.

8 comments:

Melinda said...

Awesome, Mom! I'm so glad you posted pictures of the finished project...there sure are a lot of us, huh?

Nicia said...

It's beautiful! It turned out soooo well, and I'm sure it feels good to have it done, and given to them.

Rachel Holloway said...

Good to know! I kept wondering what quilt block she was talking about...and was racking my brain to try to remember doing that! :)

The quilt is beautiful!

Stephanie said...

My mom had to bring the top to us so I could add Thomas' name to our block before putting the whole quilt together. It was neat to see all the blocks pieced together. Grandma showed me the finished quilt when we visited her a couple weeks ago. It really is an awesome quilt.

Anonymous said...

It looks wonderful! I'm so glad that you guys were able to get it finished for them :)

Annette said...

You always do an awesome job! I think it turned out beautiful.

Kathy Whittle said...

Thank you a million times over for taking the initiative to get it finished and spend so many hours to make it happen. And thanks for letting Caitlin and I come quilt with you. That was so fun!! It really is beautiful

Esther said...

Wow, that looks amazing. You are such a whiz with quilts. I really should just come visit you and finish the quilt I started. It has to get finished.