Friday, July 3, 2009

Latest Project




We purchased a big (8 ft long and sticking a third of the way into the family room) couch. It had ugly pillows and we had blinds on the windows as well as a quilt over the big window.













I made new curtains for the family room and decided to spruce up the pillows as well










The results were great! It really lightened up the family room. Wes hung the curtain rods for me and Bill helped me hang curtains. I have enough fabric to cover the footstool as well. It is not in the picture, it's a very ugly mustard yellow vinyl. It is perfect to store a couple of blankets to cozy up on the couch.

4 comments:

Nicia said...

Looks great!!

Kathy Whittle said...

Love the curtains and pillows. Those kind of things always make such a big difference. Hope you're feeling better!

Melinda said...

You need to come do my living room now. Really. I love the colors and how the light accents work with that couch that didn't look like much before. Awesome job, Mom!

Anonymous said...

It looks great :) I am a little confused, though. You said 'family room' so is that the one that was the 'office' when I was there two years ago, with the computer and the piano? Because the more recent picture of your helpers showed the love seat that I am already familiar with sitting under a window... I enjoyed seeing the pictures of the stuff being done on the roof, too :) That's a lot of work!