My 3 volunteers...Left to right Haine (pronounced Hi-na both long vowels) Steven and Wes. In this shot they are trying to show that parts of their legs were clean...I don't think it worked.
Thursday, July 9, 2009
Chimney Sweeps?
The hole in the room and the ceiling (sorry, it's sideways) where the chimney once stood....these guys did a "clean sweep" of all the brick, coal and wood dust, mortar and debris that has been here for over a hundred years!
I didn't think to take this picture till we were almost done clearing all the junk from the room.

Steven and Wes actually had bandanas tied around their mouth and nose to try to keep out some of the coal dust. But they were removed for the picture. This was Haine's mask after he had tried to beat off some of the coal dust.
When they were done they all ran for the back yard where they stipped down to shorts and did a cold wash with soap and water. They are so much better even though they REALLY need a hot shower!
Ahhh, the payoff? We'll these guys were great sports, all they wanted was Pizza and ice cream! I actually think they had fun doing the demolition. They were great. I didn't get pictures of the many bucket loads of brick and mortar they took from the attic and lowered to the hall, one bucket at a time, then empying each bucket in the dumpster out front. They worked for about 4 hours on this ugly project!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
That's great that you got some cheap labor! I'll bet your house is a mess right now, though, with all that being lowered and taken out. Looks like you're all busy!
busy busy busy. HI
Post a Comment