Friday, October 8, 2010

Master Bedroom Progress




OK...This is the horrible ugly wall that will host our bed. The area where you see the 2 kinds of old wallpaper is where our closet used to be.

The black hole is where the chimney used to be.

Do you see the pinkish pipe that runs vertically on the left side of the room? That's our furnace vent, running from basement through our room and attic and out the roof.





Different view sporting the corner.


















While I was at work today, Bill and Albert got the dry wall up...and yes we covered the black hole, the lath and plaster, the old wall paper and just cut to the chase.

You may have guessed that the pinkish vent pipe is what will be one of our greacian columns. The other one will be on opposite wall.













Another view. Oh yeah, Albert is the one we recruited to do a lot of the work. He is 6' 5" and usually doesn't use a step stool. He's got talented, and he's fast!















When Bill and I got home from Salt Lake tonight Albert had come over and done the first run of spackling...Yeah!!


2 comments:

Nicia said...

Exciting!

Melinda said...

What a difference it makes! I had always wondered what was behind that funky part of the wall; now I know!