Thursday, October 7, 2010
Twice in a week...could be a record!
Well...after being so beat and exhausted, we decided to call in reinforcements. There is a wonderful couple in our ward, Albert and Michelle Noppers. They are both so creative and very knowlegable and skilled in many areas. They both love decorating and painting and the like. They are helping us design and finish our room. There are of course things we are going to cut corners on so we can afford the things we're going to splurge on. On someone's blog I read about doing your floor almost decoupage style with brown paper bags and polyurethane. That's the way we'll do our floor. It makes it look like leather almost. We have some unsightly structures in our room that will be disguised as grecian pillars and we're planning on building a headboard to pull in a little grecian romance theme. The walls will be done in a faux finish, Michelle will tie in the colors from other rooms in the house so the master bdrm won't scream..."Look at me, I'm different". This is all VERY different for us....we are really pretty simple and don't do a lot of decorating beyond the very practical. I'm really excited to see how this all turns out. Thank Heaven for good friends who have great talent!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
This sounds like such an exciting, romantic new room!! I'm more excited than ever to see it done!!
wow! This sounds so exciting!!! I can't wait to see the outcome!
Wow, it sounds like it is going to be so neat when it is done. Thanks for commenting on my blog. I really look up to you as being one of the most amazing repurposers out there. You always find ways to save money and use everything up. I hope I can be a little more like that.
Post a Comment