We had a real knock out of a storm yesterday! It was supposed to end at 10PM (13th), but the evening news said snow would continue till 5AM. (14th) The 5 AM news said it would continue untill at least mid-day! They say that the inches of snow itself weren't the biggest problem. The biggest problem was the 50 - 70 MPH winds that caused drifting and horrible road conditions. When I got up at 4:30 AM for work, I decided I had better call in. They said to sit tight till 11AM and they would re-evaluate the situation then. Bill also called in, they said not to report to work till 9AM. Whoo-ha! We got a snow morning anyway. Too bad we didn't know till we were wide awake and surveying the storm. We'd have slept in. Instead we got to have a nice breakfast together. We had hot cocoa with whipped cream and German pancakes. What a nice start for a beautiful Valentine's day.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Wow! I will have to show Kellen these pictures when he gets home from school today! Steve and I haven't lived anywhere that required shoveling an actual path! I suppose that might have been necessary in Illinois, but that's too far back for me to have a concrete memory of that :) I hope you enjoyed your morning, Happy Valentine's Day!
That's a lot of snow! I'm glad the snow day gave you a chance to get so many pictures up. I'm tired of the snow here and was so happy yesterday that we got a break from it and had (cold) sunshine. Today it's overcast, but now snowing, yet. Hope the rest of your Valentine's was great!
I remember our snow days in south dakota, we always loved the time we had together on those cold days.
What a lot of snow!! I am so glad we don't get that much - at least not that I've seen. Even as a kid here I don't remember that much. Does your snow blower help when there's that much snow? Ours is about gone for now and it can all stay in the mountains now. Hope you had a good dinner out with Dave & Kathy.
Post a Comment