Monday, February 18, 2008

A "no work" Monday

What a great day! Sleep in, make bread pudding (with day old apple fritters) for breakfast, run the dishwasher and go back to bed! Bill's birthday was Friday and we went to Dinner with Kathy and Dave at Chili's. I love that place! I had not gone shopping for any B'day gifts....but as we talked about getting Bill ready for another winter camp out this coming weekend we decided that camping gear might be in order. SOOOO after my long winter's nap, we drove into Salt Lake and bought him a cot and pad. We should have known with a name like "Lumberjack" his cot wouldn't fit in a 3 man tent. We got home and he grabbed the tent from the garage and set it up in the living room and then attempted to put his cot in... not gonna happen! It sticks out a good 3 feet. But the pad fits on the cot well and even has a thing to hold his pillow. He laid on it and declared it very comfortable, even though from his knees down were sticking out of the tent. I fixed some dinner and then started making homemade bread. After Bill was sure all the rush hour traffic had died out he went back to Salt Lake to get a tent the cot would fit in. (This B'day is getting expensive) We decided it would be worth it because Bill just keeps on getting called as Scoutmaster, and he says he's an old man that needs his own bed. I guess if he has to go campin (especially in the winter) he deserves to be a little comfy.

4 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh, Dad! I can't believe you're taking a bed camping! Well, as scoutmaster, you can do what you want, right? Happy Birthday, again, and I really hope you enjoy all your comfy-cosy camping now!!

Sarah said...

That sounds like the way to camp to me. You've gotta be comfortable. I hope you both had a good day off and that Bill had a great birthday.

Anonymous said...

Steve keeps needing new (different) stuff, too. Our most recent purchase was a pair of snow pants for him to wear to the scout snow day and then the Klondike this last weekend. At some point we're going to have to get him a new pad to sleep on, too. As long as it's spread out over time I guess it's okay...

Melinda said...

Mom, no offense intended. Aaron actually had been complaining because his and Evie's pix were totally candid and mine looked 'better'. So I changed it to a more 'candid' shot for him. I love that I look like you!!!