Y You are the wind on the meadow,
And you rush to meet me,
All smiles and laughing for joy.
Tugging at my sleeve,
You lead me on to play
On the mellowed hillsides.
Y As I stand and watch
With endearing amusement,
You cavort with trees and sail down valleys-
Only to land at my feet
Giggling, mischievous and winking.
Y I see you in the heavens
Pushing and shoving clouds,
And I long to hold you
So fleet and roaring!
Then you are gone,
Scattering leaves, raising dust.
Y The dust settles-
The valleys lie composed-
The echoes of your free voice
Fail in the silence.
And the air itself is dead
Without the wind on the meadow.
-W.E.Reid
The above poem was written by Bill before we were married. I have always loved it, but it became a tribute to our daughter Mariah Reid when she passed away February 13th 1990. 18 years ago today. Today as I remember her I am filled with love for her, but also my heart is full of memories of my children and all my grandchildren. Enjoy all of your todays, the tomorrows are less certain.





1 comment:
That was beautiful.... it teared my up a little bit. Maybe I have been a mom for too long. I remember the family reunion at Florida when you all came down. We had so much fun on the slip'n'slide. She had such a sweet spirit about her, that even at that young age I knew she was a special person.
Post a Comment