Wednesday, July 9, 2008

5 Random things about me

Woopeee! I've been tagged by Steph!

1. I have another "worry sore" on my lip! I have got to stop worrying about things I can't change... a problem I have suffered with all my life!

2. This week I am painting 28 fairies for a friends "Kinsinyera" (sp? ...sound it out...it's a Hispanic tradition of the young woman's 15th b'day).

3. Yesterday at 4:30 in the morning I picked up a bread knife to slice some apple cranberry bread. I should have been fully awake when operating said knife because before I knew it...I had cut the tip of my left thumb off! Now it's only about an 1/8th of an inch...but it bled profusly, long after I went to work. I had to go to the infirmary where "Safety Dave" applied alcohol...triple antibiotic and a bandaid. He asked why I didn't go to the Dr and I replied that my Dr wasn't in at that hour of the morning, and there was no need for stitches so it would be a waste of money to go to the ER. They agreed and let me stay at work.

4. I am so excited about summer shutdown! My girls fly in with their kids on the 18th and I get to spend time with them before we go to the family reunion!! Our plant is closed from Friday 18th at noon till the 28th of July.

5. Today was my Webelos meeting...we started work on the Athlete activity badge. They really needed that, they are a real active bunch of boys:)


I tag...who? I can't remember who has been tagged...how about Sarah F, LaNita M. and Lindsey.

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's spelled Quincanera, with the squiggly thing over the n.

Sorry about your finger - ouch! I winced when I read that. Hope it heals quickly.

Melinda said...

I can't wait for next Friday to arrive, either!

Rachel Holloway said...

yuck!!! I hope your finger is feeling better. I don't do well with blood...

HOORAY for your big break and seeing your kids!!! That will be so fun!

Lindsey said...

Is it horrible of me that I didn't know you paint?! I'd love to see pics of said fairies after you're done. I'll do the tag soon, thanks!

Karen said...

I'd better qualify that statement about painting fairies... I was painting ceramic figurines....I am NOT the worlds most artistic person!

Karen said...

I'd better qualify that statement about painting fairies... I was painting ceramic figurines....I am NOT the worlds most artistic person!

Kathy Whittle said...

I hope your sores go away soon! I'm so excited for you to be with your children & grandchildren soon! It's going to be such a fun time for you and a much needed break from work!

McD Fam said...

Only four days left!!!! Josh is going nuts with my counting down the days:)

Nathan said...

Wow! That is exciting that you get to see your girls so soon. I remember worry sores. I had one at your house and we had a party when I could drink from a cup again instead of using straws. It was a blast. You always do awesome things. By the way I found the website of the place that has the nursing covers and I know which one I want.

hotmama03 said...

Hi Karen, I was just letting you know that I have some new posts up that are about scouts and camping and fun things. You might have to go farther back on my page to see some, i have posted a BUNCH of stuff since you were on the other day.
Also, i am glad that you look on my page. Thank you for letting me know that you read it! :)