No photos today... sorry. But at least I am talking to the blogger world.
We ordered some popcorn from Kellen, it came a couple days ago. One of the things we ordered was their caramel corn with cashews, pecans and almonds in it. I so wanted to reach in and get a handful of nuts with my popcorn right? Well, it wasn't going to happen...there weren't as many nuts as I was hoping for and they (of course) had all shifted to the bottom of the can during shipping. Bill caught me rolling the can from side to side and reaching in for the nuts. (This is a bad thing?) So he told me if I ate any more nuts from the can I would forfeit the other can of caramel nut popcorn...ie, it would be HIS can and this would be MY can. This morning he went to a priesthood meeting in Salt Lake at the conference center. I was left alone with the popcorn. It wasn't long before I realized I had eaten, well maybe not ALL the nuts, but all the ones I could find. I had to go to the store anyway but I put nuts on my list. Before he came home I had opened the can of "Poppycock, Just The Nuts" broken them up and stirred them through the caramel corn. Safe! Of course I couldn't keep it from him, I had to tell him why there was such a great nuts to popcorn ratio, he had a good laugh and I am still in the running for the other can of caramen nut popcorn:)
We did take pictures of us rafting the Payette over Labor Day weekend and some pictures of our weekend get away in the mountains with Karen and Aaron, Jim and Connie, but the rafting pictures have to be developed because we bought a disposable waterproof camera for the water trip. The others, Bill down loaded onto the computer, but I can't find them. Also I will have to get pictures of the towels Kathy taught me to do and then I will post that too.
We are going to a Pway ward reunion this evening and then (hopefully) we will drive home on the NEW Legacy Highway. It opens at 5PM today...yeah! Hopefully that will take a load off I-15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





4 comments:
Hooray for the highway!! And you crack me up!! That was SO funny you actually went out and bought more nuts for the popcorn!! hahaha. Glad to hear a little from you! Oh, and I can't wait to see the towels! They sounded sooo cute!
That's pretty funny about the carmel corn - sounds like something I would do! I'm wishing I had gotten the motivation somewhere to go up to the Poway get together - it sounded so fun! Please make sure you post those pics from your Labor Day weekend when you get them back. We want to "see" all the fun you guys had!
You're alive! Hooray!
Funny about the nuts in the popcorn - I love nuts in my caramel corn too. Yum!
Sorry to hear that Trail's End doesn't put sufficient nuts in the popcorn... But we were REALLY glad that you guys bought stuff from Kellen for his cub scout pack! I find myself thinking that I will 'fix' a situation so that Steve won't know (do the dishes really fast at the end of the day so that he won't know I haven't done anything all day) and then just end up telling him anyway. It's a good thing he doesn't mind that I'm a little nutty all on my own!
Post a Comment