Sunday, September 14, 2008

Baby Towels

I have a baby shower coming up at work. I have been wanting to learn how to do the baby towels Kathy does, so when I went down to a wedding reception last weekend I stayed at Kathy's and she sewed me through a couple of towels:) We went to JoAnn's after the reception and got the ribbon and buttons...picture wrapping your little boy in this luxurious blue towel.... It is trimmed with a plaid ribbon that ties the blue and brown together, and topped with adorable bear paw ribbon. (the bear paw ribbon also trims the ends of the towel) And where do these bear paws come from... The cute little bear buttons Kathy found!
The next one is a girly towel and is for Evie. It is a plush pink towel, I decided to go with bright colors because that's what her room is. So the trim is a flowered ribbon, accented by flowere buttons in the same brights. We could have accented with any of the colors, but we went with the pink and green... The towel had it's own little beading so I wove the green ribbon through that on the edge of the bonnet and the ends on the towel. Then topped the pink ribbon with the green for the bows that adorn the back and the sides of the bonnet. I am so excited to have learned how to do these! Thank you Kathy!!
The close up is a little fuzzy on this, but you get the idea...

6 comments:

Melinda said...

Oh, Mom, it's beautiful!! I can't wait until it gets here! The baby boy's looks way cute, too. Glad Aunt Kathy shared her cute idea with you!

Nicia said...

Those turned out so stinkin' cute!!

Stephanie said...

How cute! Those are very adorable little towels.

Kathy Whittle said...

That was so fun to have you come down and work on those together! They turned out WAY cute!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the welcome back!! I love the towels they are too cute!!

Anonymous said...

The towels look great! My kids both love(d) the ones that Aunt Kathy made for them. Kellen doesn't use his anymore because it's just way too small to cover the essentials now, but we still have it. And Madison is quite possessive of hers!