Friday, January 25, 2008

Peace, be still.

It is Friday evening. I am alone, and quiet, and not busy! There are many families in our ward that have needed assistance this week. The Lord has blessed us to be able to do all that we usually do, as well as serve much and we have been strengthened because of it. Tonight Wes is at work and Bill is at the winter Klondike with the scouts. I could be doing much at home right now, but I have decided to be "listless". No cleaning, no cooking, no running, shopping or errands. There is peace in my life tonight and I will enjoy it!

I love reading the blogs of my family and friends and being able to take a peek into your lives. It is wonderful to see how you interact with your children and spouses and weave the pattern of your lives. It is even more wonderfull that you are willing to share it openly and help others through your sharing. (Yes, even the difficult days...perhaps especially those) The support I see here warms my heart and helps me to feel a bond. Through your encouraging comments and suggestions, just knowing that you are not alone in so many things. It is the "errand of Angels"....to lift and support, comfort and bless. I love the picture challenge that some of you are sharing. It shows the joy and fulfillment you find in family and the beauties of nature. What awesome people you all are!!

3 comments:

Melinda said...

I think the difficult days are the easiest to put up. I end up just looking for someone to vent to and so I journal it...then others come and read my online 'journal' and sympathize or at least empathize with what I happen to be going through. But I love to tell the wonderful things, too. I love you, Mom!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Melinda that having a group of people who care about you makes it very easy to put up both the good things and the bad, letting you share the joys and the frustrations that come every day. I love knowing that, even if I can't hear the words, the things that are happening in my day either result in shared laughter or offered support. I'm so glad that you decided to start blogging and that we can all enjoy our experiences together. I love you!

Stephanie said...

I love that blogging has given me an outlet I didn't know I needed. It's great to read about the lives of my family and feel closer to those that live so far away. Thanks for sharing your feelings.