So it's been a while! I am better about reading everyone else's blog than keeping up my own...
When Wesley left for Snow (that would be August) we moved most all his stuff out of the way and moved our bedroom downstairs (basement). We are preparing for a total room makeover of our master bedroom. I did take a before picture, but am not posting it till we have the room done and you can see both before and after. That would be our September progress. October so far has seen the demolition begin, and can I just say...WHAT A MESS! As I've mentioned before, our house is 106 years old. We have gotten through a bunch of lath and plaster and finally got to the old chimney that was in our room (in the closet which was built later than the room). Black SOOT everywhere! After removing enough brick to make the chimney even with the wall we decided to quit and just cover it up! When we removed the chimney in the office we took the whole thing out clear through the attic...NOT GONNA HAPPEN! (Of course it was Wes and his friends that did that one) We are just too old and tired anymore for this kind of project. But it is started and must be finished. Bill wants us moved back into the master bdrm by Thanksgiving, so wish us luck. Right now I am going to the basement for a nap!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Oooooh! I do hope you post pics soon! I am excited to see this little BIG transformation! And I hope it's a room you will absolutely LOVE!
I can't wait to see pictures!! I love hearing how busy you've been, but I'm excited to SEE it, too! Hope it'll be a room you've always dreamed of!
Good luck with the remodel! Good call with taking before pictures. :)
Post a Comment