Gratitude for a threeday weekend! I slept in this morning till 8:00! That's almost half the day when I usually get up @ 4:30. We had a late breakfast of beef and scrambled eggs, hot cocoa and bran-cranberry mufins. Yum! The dentist then called and said I had to get my crown back in right away! Hello....it's been out for three full days now! Anyway, I had a choice of driving into Magna on my day off (that's almost to Salt Lake) so they could put it back in or going 2 blocks to get some "fixident" to put my crown back in myself. Sooo...Bill got me some fixident and I put it back in, I'm still questioning why since I can't chew on that side and I have to take my crown out when I eat so I won't lose it....That's what they said. I will go in tomorrow at 7:30 AM for them to fix it enough to last for another week till my real crown comes in.
The good news is I got my desk cleaned and most of my filing done!!!! It's a good thing since I don't get another 3 day weekend till Memorial day. I guess I better start trying to do filing on Saturday so I can have my 3 day weekend to myself.
OK some of you know the "other half of the story". Even though it is late I will relate...We ordered my diamond the Friday before Christmas and I wasn't happy about having to leave my ring. They promised me it would be done by Monday so I would have my ring back for Christmas. Bill drove in on Monday to get my ring and it wasn't ready...they said they would knock off $50.00 if he would come back in 2 hours. He went to Barnes and Noble where he could easily shoot a whole day and waited. Went back to get the ring and it wasn't ready. They appologised profusely and took another $50.00 off and said it wouldn't be ready till Thursday. Well to make a long story short it was ready, although I had to go back one more time and have them buff the finish. It is beautiful and we saved $100.00....I am very happy to have my ring back and I check it every day. They said to be on the safe side your setting should be checked at LEAST twice a year. If you work alot with your hands you should have it checked every 3-4 months.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
I'm glad you enjoyed your lazy morning and were able to get your office cleaned. After we got Steve and Kellen out the door this morning, Maddi and I were a little lazy, too. Good luck at the dentist! Hopefully it will stay put from that point until your real one comes in :)
Wow! What a great savings!! :) I am so glad you got a new ring and it is working on so well for you. I am also happy for your WONDERFUL lazy morning! Those are GREAT--rare, but WONDERFUL! Hope you have a wonderful SHORT week!
Post a Comment